Install JD Edwards EnterpriseOne™ 9.0 Standalone Demo (Oracle version) on your PC, with this step by step guide.
Marcelo Santos has written up the summarized steps (for those who fret over reading Oracle docs) for JD Edwards Standalone 9.1 Installation here
For Easier JD Edwards E1 9.0 Demo Install follow the new Guide here You need not go through these boring steps below. But indeed you can use the troubleshooting guide if you encounter any issues.
Based on the directions from the PDF in the Oracle Installation Downloads, and other websites following are the steps done
*Before you start with anything, Please Turn OFF your Antivirus and Firewalls
*For Microsoft© Windows™ VISTA or Windows 7 Users, you need to Turn Off UAC (User Access Control), and stop the firewall.
*You may also want to have a look at the Installation Methods for Windows Vista in this website.
- Download the Standalone Oracle Zip files from http://edelivery.oracle.com
- Unzip the 2 zip files into a temporary directory say “C:\E9Standalone\TEMP“
- Create Directories – “C:\Oracle\E1Local“
- Start the EnterpriseOne install by running the “C:\E9Standalone\TEMP\Installmanager.EXE“
- Once Local Oracle instance is installed, restart the system.
- Again restart the Installation (as mentioned in step 4), and it will complete itself with ease, It may give us an error that JDK/ Java compiler was not installed. But Ignore it and go ahead.
- Once the Setup is completed we will have to edit the “tnsnames.ora” file only if we already have earlier instances of Oracle server/client on the machine (C:\Oracle\E1Local\Network\ADMIN\tnsnames.ora)
- So to retrieve the Earlier instance, we need to edit the tnsnames.ora file to include the server paths of the earlier instance (e.g. TEST & PRODUCTION). As far as information gathered, the original or old tnsnames.ora does not hold good, as a new tnsnames.ora was created by the E1 Local instance.
- Download JDK 188.8.131.52 from here or you may also download J2SE JDK 1.5.0_XX from the java.sun.com site. The Support and downloads for JDK 1.5.0 has been stopped from Nov 3rd 2009 in the Sun website.
- Install the JDK into a folder in C: (say C:\TEMP\JDK)
- Once the Java setup finished, copy the directories bin, include, jre, & lib into the “C:\E900\System\JDK” directory. You may have to create the “JDK” directory in the path. Also copy the same folders into “C:\E900\system\oc4j\system“
- Now Copy the “C:\E900\DEMO\ini\sbf\jdbj.ini“ file into the windows folder.
- Similarly, edit the “jde.ini” file in the windows folder to include
- BDSEC=ROBIN in the [DB SYSTEM SETTINGS] section
- Also change the “StartAppServer=IMME” to “StartAppServer=ONDEMAND” . This disables the Webserver start as we load the E9 Client.
DO THIS ONLY IF YOU FEEL THAT E1 LOADING IS SLOW.
- Copy the ojdbc5.jar file from “C:\E9Standalone\TEMP\ThirdParty\WebDevFeature\JDBC” into the “C:\E900\system\OC4J\j2ee\home\lib” and “C:\E900\MISC” folder.
- Run the OH4A1013_setup.exe for the web server located in “C:\E9Standalone\TEMP\ThirdParty\WebDevFeature“.
- Make sure the Registry is updated correctly for the JDBC driver using REGEDIT at the following location: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JDEdwards\HTML” and WebServer should be pointing to “C:\E900\MISC”
- Once completed, Restart the Computer, and now we are ready to login.
- The Oracle Guide itself says that we need to wait for atleast 30 secs before logging in. So once the Login screen comes, go for a coffee. Come back type in “demo” as the password and then login.
- Once logged in, again wait for few secs (30 s), before we launch the Web E1 via TOOLS – ENTERPRISEONE MENU.
- Make it a point that you read the 9_0_with_8_98_Standalone_Installation_rev1.pdf file included in the installation folder.
- The OC4J Application server manager console web site is http://localhost:8888/em/
You may login into the same using user: oc4jadmin password: oc4jadmin
- You can access the E9 Standalone Web client from any other system in your network. The Steps for the same are given here.
- The TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE for Installation of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne guide is given here
- Please do read all the comments given below too before you ask for help.
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Demo 9.0 Standalone Installation by Deepesh M Divakaran is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 India License.
Based on a work at www.deepeshmd.com.